28 September 2008

First things first

I've considered writing about food and after a bit of prodding, I'm finally getting on with it. I plan to give a few recipes and ideas on dishes and some occasional and random thoughts on food. It'll hopefully be good fun...

The recipes are based in either grams/millilitres or ounces/fluid ounces. I'll try to list the converted measure for each, just know the second (converted) measure will be approximate. Personally, I prefer to use grams and millilitres, as they are more accurate. Although, with the exception of baking, most recipes do not necessarily call for such accuracy. So, this makes it easier for me to tweak a recipe.

Keep in mind recipes really are just a guide...the interpretation of a recipe will be as diverse as each person who cooks. I'd suggest you don't blindly follow the recipes, but instead follow your own taste as you become more familiar and comfortable with the ingredients. Before you start cooking, read through the whole recipe. As we go along, all this will become very clear.

When the recipes aren't my own, I'll list the source. It's just shite not to.

Oh yeah, remember this: Butter - good. Salt - good. Some of you may be hesitant about this, but they add and allow flavor to develop. As with most things in life, cooking is all about balance. There is a place for both.

Most importantly, enjoy yourself and the comfort of food...

No comments: